1. OUR ANNUAL CONFERENCE WAS A HUGE SUCCESS! GARRY LANDRETH WAS THE MAGNET FOR THE LARGEST GATHERING OF THERAPIST WE HAVE SPONSORED. MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR MARCH 13 & 14, 2020 TO "SAVE THE DATE" FOR NEXT YEAR'S CONFERENCE.
2. GAPT SPONSORED A NETWORKING LUNCH ON THE SATURDAY OF THE CONFERENCE. WE HELD A CONTEST TO FIND THE FUNNIEST STORIES TO COME OUT OF A PLAY THERAPY ROOM AND GAVE AWAY TWO FOLKMANIS PUPPETS TO THE WINNERS. OUR COMICAL STORYTELLERS WERE ELIZABETH GROSS AND BROOKE ROBILLARD.
3. SPEAKING OF PRIZES, MELISSA GUTHERIE-THOMAS WON A FULL SIZE MEEBIE AS A DOOR PRIZE!
4. WE SUGGEST YOU CHECK THE FOR THERAPISTS PAGE TO PERIODICALLY MONITOR THE UPCOMING WORKSHOPS AND JOB POSTINGS AVAILABLE.
5.BE SURE TO FOLLOW GAPT ON FACEBOOK. OUR VICE PRESIDENT, BETH PALUMBO, HAS ESTABLISHED AND IS MAINTAINING THIS PAGE. PLEASE CONTACT BETH WITH ANY IDEAS OR QUESTIONS AT BethPalumbo.LCSW@hotmail.com
6. Thanks to our Committee Chairs for their dedication to GAPT.
They are as follows:
With regard to committee work, GAPT follows APT'S policy of deleting from committees those members who do not participate and/or are non-responsive to committee chairs.
7. Interested in a List Serve?
Check on the APT website. You will need your APT password.
8. Are you on our E-MAIL database?
If you are unsure, or if your email address has changed, please contact Patrick Connors at: Patrick621@mac.com
9. If you are a GAPT member, an APT approved provider, and the presenter, you may list your upcoming workshop on the "For Therapists" page of this website.
Please Email the relevant information to Patrick Connors at Patrick621@mac.com
Relevant information includes the following: Date, topic, speaker name, APT provider approval number, and contact name. We also need a phone number, and/or email address, and/or link to your website. It is important that all information be received at least one month before the date of the event.
10. GAPT continues to be listed on the national provider directory for the autism community.
To see the list click here. We also continue to be listed on the Georgia learning resource service list. www.glrs.org You may earn non-contact credit by completing tests based upon the books and audio programs in APT'S e-learning center (you can listen to the latter free.) These programs are not intended to compete with programs offered by approved providers and only feature niche topics hard to find elsewhere. Although you may prefer to attend workshops in-person, explore the center and know your "distance learning options."
11. The Red Cross Course Titled Foundations Of Disaster Mental Health Is offered periodically at the Atlanta Red Cross headquarters. For further information about dates contact Kathy Haworth at 404-575-3182 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
12. The Association for Play Therapy (APT) invites you to join them and us as a member. APT promotes the value of play, play therapy, and the credentialing of play therapists. Your APT/GAPT membership offers
Both organizations have websites. For more information about membership, call APT at 559-298-3400.
13. Outreach Activities One of GAPT'S ongoing Outreach Activities to our community continues to be the opportunity to visit the Play Therapy room of Trudy Post Sprunk and/or watch Play Therapy videos. She has a substantial library of Play Therapy videos from which to choose. You may schedule by contacting her at 770-491-7423. The location of GAPT'S headquarters Is 4893 Lavista Road In Tucker. There is no charge.
14. ACAIT professional insurance is available to APT/AAPT members. For information contact Paul Nelson at 800-347-6647, extension 342.
15. I want everyone to be aware that APT has a brochure which can be used to promote play therapy. It is titled Why Play Therapy? This full-color brochure introduces play therapy to the general public and other mental health professionals. It includes photos and research citations and we have given them extensively at outreaches where we promote play therapy. GAPT has a supply and will provide you with a sample copy at your request. Email your request to me at TrudyPostSprunk@charter.net Copies in quantity can be ordered by calling APT at 559-298-3400. In addition, the brochure is also available in Spanish.